Gaelscoil Shliabh Rua is multi-denominational school under the patronage of An Fhorais Phátrúnachta na Scoileanna lán Ghaeilge.
We are proud of our positive school culture and climate here in Gaelscoil Shliabh Rua. We value, care for and respect each other. We place an emphasis on positive relationships which in turn creates a positive atmosphere in our school. Such an atmosphere contributes to effective teaching and learning and to genuine communication, both within and outside the school.
Some of our strategies for creating a positive school climate and atmosphere include:
- Building effective communication within the school
- Catering for individual needs
- Creating a health promoting physical environment
- Developing democratic processes
- Enhancing self esteem
- Fostering respect for diversity
- Fostering inclusive and respectful language
- Developing appropriate communication between home and school
- Developing a school approach to assessment
Religion in our school
We aim to develop in children a critical knowledge, understanding and awareness of the teachings of religious and non-theistic belief systems and how these systems relate to our shared human experience. Our ‘croí na scoile’ curriculum aims to inform rather than instruct. We teach children about religions rather than teaching that one is “the right way to think”.
We believe that specific religious formation is the responsibility of parents and religious organisations outside school. Within the school we aim to ensure that no child has to be set apart as a result of their religion.